Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Uefa Champions League fantasy dream team GW1

I tried to make this team affordable and the managerial subs are not in order, so sort them out yourself. Captain options are Zlatan for GD1 and Messi for GD2

Subs: Unnerstall, Boateng, Vida, Rafael

Reasoning for these selections:

GK: Bayern defenders are very close to a must have and all of their value options are not very attacking so you could just have Neuer and pair him with the ultra cheap Unnerstal.

Defeners:

  • I cant not have 2 Barca players and Alves coveres both defense and offense.
  • Vidal is my favorite defender in this game and Ill keep for the entire seaso, I call him "Baines on steroids"
  • Jenkinson at 4 mil I think he is a super option for the defensively in form Arsenal
  • Vida- looks like the best 3.5 option to have so far
  • Rafael a very attacking option for a top side with a good home fixture
Midfielders
  • Sammir and Renan Bressan are the best budget options IMO
  • Robben is the best UCL mid if playing, very attacking and greedy plus takes pens for one of the best offensive sides.
  • Reus was the top scoring midfielder who does not take pens in the top leagues in europe last season, and very likely to do well against a leaky Ajax
  • Boateng is one of my favorite picks who did not make my own team for budget reasons, mostly because of AC Milans horrible form so far. But he is taking loads of shots and a goal is bound to follow soon, especially with their early good fixture
Forwards

I have avoided the budget forward for GW 1 as I think Messi is a must have, Zlatan the best C option for GD1 and not having RVP could turn out to be a horrible mistake. I also found the budget options in the middle of the park and in defense much more appealing.



Players who just missed out either because I already had 2 players from their respective team or for other reasons:
  • Valencia- great fixture and great player, but I fould Rafael too good of a value to miss
  • Blaszczykowski- Player in great form with a great fixture
  • Hummels- great fixture and RB magnet
  • Boateng- went for Neuer over him
  • Mkhitaryan- best cheap option available, but I did not go that route
  • Mandzukic- I love Robben and my big hitters too much
  • Gibbs- could be rotated with Santos
  • Mannone- went for the cheaper Unnerstall for budget reasons
  • Santi Carzola- preferred other expensive options to him, especially with his high ownership
  • Fabregas- went for Alves over him
  • Kroos- have him in my own team, but I think defensive cover for Bayern is more important and there are better players for a attacking cover, but he is great value


Good luck for this Gameweek and dont forget to enjoy the games :)

No comments:

Post a Comment